Tuscany: Colombe Villa
Maremma Paradise in Celebrated 'Super Tuscan' Wine Region
- Name: Colombe Villa
- Sleeps: 13
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 6
- Price: From €21,000/week
Soak up Tuscany's Maremma rich history, world-famous wines, delicious food and heady coastal views while exploring the local area. The Columbe Villa is one of the most beautifully decorated we've visited with a gorgeous exuberant design esthetic, beautiful setting, ocean breezes, fantastic easy-to-get-to location plus an on-site staff will make for a most memorable stay.
The Maremma region is know for its coastal beauty, unspoiled nature reserves, Etruscan history and sweeping hills and pastures. To this day you can spot 'butteri', Italy's original cowboys who, for centuries, herd horses and Chianina cattle. In more recent years the Maremma region has become world renowned for its wineries and outstanding 'Super Tuscan' wines from prestigious producers such as Sassicaia, Tenuta Dell'Ornellaia and Antinori, just some of the wineries you can explore along the Maremma Strada dell Vino, wine route.
The Colombe villa is in a terrific location for exploring Tuscany's Maremma region near and far. Just a few minutes drive from the villa is the town of Donoratico with a train station, shops, restaurants, bike rentals. No stay would be complete without exploring the town of Bolgheri, famous for wine tasting rooms and wonderful restaurants.
The beach is a short drive. Enjoy the use of a private cabana and beach chairs. The villa's cook can prepare a picnic basket for you to enjoy at the beach.
It is a bit more than hour to reach the stunning scenery of the coastal Maremma Regional Park. A beautiful place to enjoy a walk on some of its many trails. There are trails good for families and others for master hikers.
This is the land of the Etruscans, the civilization that dominated central Italy before the rise of the Latins, the Romans. The Etruscans, or Tusci as the Romans called them, passed along the arch and writing together with a love of art and beauty to the eventual Roman empire. Be sure to visit some of the Etruscan sites in the area. Vetulonia, Populonia, Capalbio, Pitigliano, Sovana and Saturnia are some of them. You will find beautiful hill top vistas and intriguing necropli.
Take a dip in the pool, play tennis on the private clay court, or relax in the shade on the loggia (porch), there are countless ways to relax. Mealtimes with friends and family can be enjoyed at the large round teak table with umbrella by the pool, or on the porch or inside in the dining room. The loggia has splendid views of the pool and lush grounds. From late spring thru fall enjoy the beach, just a few minutes drive from the property, where you will have use of the owner's private cabana and lounge chairs.
Traditional tasteful luxury, comfort with a whimsical artistic twist and luxury textiles are the hallmarks of the Columbe villa. A double living room with working fireplace provides a wonderful atmosphere for enjoyment. The other part of the living room, more casual, has a television that receives a few English language news channels. French doors open out onto the loggia. A dining room has seating for twelve.
The foyer has a sweeping staircase up to the second level and a powder room.
The on-site staff provides breakfast and any other meals eaten at the villa, guests pay for cost of groceries. The kitchen is for the use of the staff, not guests. Daily housekeeping included. The 3-person staff lives in an apartment at the back of the villa.
Air conditioning in the living room.
Ceiling fan in all bedrooms. Air conditioning in 5 of the 7 bedrooms. No AC in ground floor bedroom & upstairs bedrooms with green checked headboard.
The ground floor has the single bedroom, the other bedrooms are upstairs.
Bedroom #1: Single bed, en suite bathroom with shower.
Bedroom #2 King size bed, en suite bathroom with shower over tub.
Bedroom #3 Queen size bed, en suite bathroom with shower over tub.
Bedroom #4 Dual king can be prepared together or as 2 singles, en suite bathroom with shower.
Bedrooms #5 & #6: Each with dual king can be prepared together or as 2 singles, shared bathroom with tub with handheld sprayer and glass partition.
Bedroom #7 Dual king can be prepared together or as 2 singles, en suite bathroom with handheld sprayer and glass partition.
Property and area amenities
|Bedrooms||7 Bedrooms. 1 with king bed. 1 with queen bed. 4 with dual-kings that can be prepared separately, 1 with a single bed.|
|Bathrooms||6 bathrooms of which 5 are en suite.|
|Size||4520 sq ft, 420m2|
|Dining||Indoor and outdoor dining tables|
|Kitchen||Fully equipped updated kitchen|
|Laundry||Washer, Dryer, Iron, Ironing Board. Laundry area accessed by staff who can provide personal laundry service, fee applies.|
|Air Conditioning||AC in the living room and 5 of the 7 bedrooms. Cost of AC Included in the rent. Ceiling fans in all bedrooms. No AC in the ground floor bedroom & one second floor bedroom.|
|Heating||Yes. Included in the rent.|
|Utilities||Included in the rent.|
|Transport||A car is essential for this location. We can recommended private drivers for tours, airport transfers.|
|Crib||Portable crib and high chair available with advance arrangement.|
|Recreation||Beach is a 12-minute drive. Private cabana for exclusive use of La Colomba guests.|
|Entertainment||Satellite TV receives a few English language news channels|
|Internet||Yes, might not reach all the rooms due to thickness of walls.|
|Linens||Luxury linens provided. Sheets and towels changed on Saturdays. Additional changes available, fee applies.|
|Cleaning||2 housekeepers provide 10 hours of housekeeping per day.|
|Cook||Daily breakfast prepared at 8:00 am. Cook prepares lunch and dinner and can prepare picnic for the beach, guests pay in cash on-site the cost of groceries and beverages.|
|Parking||Ample parking for 10 cars|
|Safety||Automatic gate, house alarm and video surveillance.|
|Security Deposit||€4000 Euros|
|Tennis||Clay tennis court, tennis taquets and balls provided.|
|Swimming Pool||Unheated pool is 11x 6 meters; depth 1.50-3.50 meters.|
|Additional Services||With advance arrangement: Cooking lessons, tennis lessons, private wine estate visits, on-site massage, day trips on a yacht to the nearby islands of the Tuscan archipelago - Elba, Giglio, Giannutri, Gorgona, Capraia, Pianosa, Montecristo|
|Available||Not Available||Reservation Pending||Changeover|
Availability on request.
|Weekly Price in Euros|
Jun 27-Aug 29
|1 - 10 Guests||€23,500|
Rest of the year
|1 - 10 Guests||€21,000|
Minimum booking period is 1 week, Saturday-to-Saturday.
The price includes:
- Linens, 1 set of towels/person, weekly change of linens (Saturday)
- Air conditioning, utilities, WiFi, heat
- City tax
- Daily housekeeping up to 10 hours per day provided by two resident maids. They clean usually mornings 8:30-12:30, 6 days a week.and they help the cook. For groups exceeding 10 guests, a third maid is required and will be charged at an additional €1000 for first week, €500 for second and €200 for third and fourth week.
- Breakfast is prepared six days a week as of 8am
- Lunch, Dinner and beach picnics are prepared by the cook. Lunch is served 12:00-2:00pm, dinner served 7:45-9:30pm. For meals prepared and/or served at the Villa the use of the cook and maid is compulsory. The grocery costs are charged as per shopping receipts. You will be asked for € 1500 per week, depending on the level of expenses incurred. This money should be given to the cook at arrival. Meals should be ordered at least 24 hours in advance.
- Pool and Garden Maintenance
Not included in price or additional services:
- €4000 Euro damage deposit paid in cash on arrival, refundable at check out less damage if any, or preauthorized to credit card.
- Cost of food and beverages paid in cash on site
- Telephone charged at cost.
- Personal laundry and additional maid service
- Additional linen changes beyond the weekly change
- Tennis Lessons
- Private visits to neighboring wineries
- Day trips on a yacht to the nearby islands of the Tuscan archipelago -Elba, Giglio, Giannutri, Gorgona, Capraia, Pianosa, Montecristo
- Cooking Lessons
- In house massage and other beauty treatments
- Baby sitting is €15/hour
Check in time is 10am to 7pm, check out is by 10am.
• Stunningly beautiful in all aspects, luxury decor, linens, the works!
• Short drive to the beach is an added bonus
• Location is wonderful, great for exploring the Maremma region
• 3-person staff lives in an apartment at the back of the villa, providing daily housekeeping and meals. Guests do not have use of the kitchen which is for the use of the resident cook who prepares meals. Guests pay for cost of groceries.
Map and Location
|Castagneto Carducci 2 km|
|Donoratico 4 km|
|Bolgheri 5 km|
|Marina di Bibbona, San Vincenzo Beaches 10 km|
|Volterra, Massa Marittima 60 km|
|Pisa and Pisa Airport 75 km|
|5 Terre/La Spezia - 140 km - 1 hr 30 min|
|San Gimignano 80 km|
|Siena 157 km|
|Rome and Rome airport 265 km|