We treat our customers fairly and with integrity, doing our best to address the concerns often involved in arranging for accommodations in a faraway place. We regard the opportunity to work with you as a privilege, and genuinely wish to offer you the most positive accommodations experience possible. We would like for you to relax in and enjoy your accommodations while taking an interest in helping care for and treating the property with respect.
Italy Perfect Reservation Terms
1. Reservations: To reserve an Italy Perfect property, please check the availability calendar on our site or contact us about availability. Minimum stay information is shown under the green Availability tab for each property on our site. When we receive your inquiry we'll get back to you promptly, usually within one business day. When you are ready to reserve and we have agreed upon your dates, let us know by email and we will email to you a link to our online reservation processing system. Your tentative reservation will be held for 24 hours pending receipt of your completed reservation form and payment.
2. Rates: Until your reservation is confirmed with a payment, rates are subject to change without notice. We accept payment by personal check, cash, VISA or MasterCard, charging in US dollars using the daily cash exchange rate on the day payment is collected that may lag the date credit card information is received. Since our merchant accounts are US based, US credit cards pay no foreign currency conversion fee. If you wish to split payment between multiple credit cards a $25 USD fee applies for each extra card. We also accept payment in Euros by bank wire or Euros check for which your bank may charge a fee.
3. Initial Payment and Reservation Agreement: In order to secure your reservation, we require a 50% deposit and agreement to the Italy Perfect terms. Upon receipt of payment and we will send you a confirmation showing the amount paid and balance pending together with useful Italy travel information.
4. Final Payment: The remainder of the rent is due to Italy Perfect 90 days prior to arrival. Failure to pay the final balance 90 days prior to arrival constitutes cancellation for which there is no refund. Upon receipt of your final payment we will send you full arrival details.
5. What’s included: The rental prices include the final cleaning, sheets, towels, two sets of keys. Additional housekeeping service can be arranged at some properties. Additional towel service during your stay is also available at some properties for a fee. The property specific terms and confirmation will note what is included and the fee for extra housekeeping, if possible, and linen service, if available. We cannot guarantee more than two sets of keys per property, if you need additional sets please ask us and we will see if this is possible. Date of heat being turned on/off is controlled by the government.
6. Hospitality Tax:The property-specific terms state the hospitality tax information which varies by region. Some properties include it in the rent, as stated in the property terms, others require that it be paid in cash at check in. The amount varies from €1.50/pp/day to €3.50/pp/day for up to 10 days, and can change with little notice from the Italian government. If the region increases the hospitality tax, guests are required to pay the difference at check in. The amount and the collection of the tax is not under the control of Italy Perfect or the property, it is a government requirement and cannot be negotiated or refused.
7. Utilities: Charging for gas and butane usage is common because of the astronomical cost of energy in Italy. It is done by taking meter readings upon arrival and departure. The amount of utilities included in the rent is noted in the property pricing. If there is a utility allowance, usage over the allowance is best paid in cash on checkout unless otherwise noted or the cost plus a 20% service fee will be charged to your credit card or deducted from your security deposit after check out.
8. Arrival and Departure: For many of our properties arrivals can occur on any day of the week. The check-in time is by appointment in the late afternoon or early evening, usually between 5 and 8 pm. Please note this when making your travel arrangements. We know what it’s like to arrive in Italy after an all-night flight, so we try to be as accommodating as possible. At some, but not all, properties we might be able arrange for you drop your luggage if you arrive mid-day. However, we do need time for our cleaners to thoroughly clean the apartment after the departure of other guests. If you are arriving before 5 pm and want to be able to check-in upon arrival, we recommend you reserve the previous night so that you can check into the property as early as 9 am and get settled. Check-in's between 8 pm and 10 pm are by exception, if a greeter is available, and are subject to a €50 to €75 euro fee (depending on the property) paid in cash on arrival or €100 fee charged to your credit card or deducted from your security deposit. No check-ins after 10 pm. Please make note of this cut-off time when making travel arrangements.
Please note that check-in is by appointment. Upon receipt of your travel details we will make an appointment with your greeter to meet at the accommodation, provide you the keys and explain how everything works.
If traveling by car your greeter will wait for your call when you are one hour away. At that time s/he will will confirm what time to meet you at your accommodations. If you don't call s/he will not be there to meet you.
Check out is by is 10am.
9. Security Deposit: Most (but not all) properties manage a security deposit of €500 by allowing us to authorize the amount on a credit/debit card at the time of check in, which amount will expire after the property has been inspected and telephone bills, if applicable, have been received. The security deposit covers damage to the home, including by not limited to, utilities, extra cleaning, lost keys, locksmith services and lock replacements due to lost keys, landline phone calls or lost loaner mobile phone. If you do not settle utility usage over the allowance in cash on check-out (recommended), then that amount plus a 20% service fee will be deducted from your security deposit. Some properties require a cash security deposit on arrival. Security deposits will be refunded less charges such as damages, utilities, cleaning, excess cleaning, lost keys and lock replacements due to lost keys, phone calls or lost loaner mobile phone. Minor issues such as a broken glass are not considered damages; broken items such as furniture and fixtures, permanent stains and lost items are. Lost keys mean replacement of locks and are very expensive. Damage charges are not limited to the amount of the security deposit. We will send you a full accounting of any charges.
10. Phone Usage. If your accommodations have a phone, you will be responsible for telephone costs during your stay.
• Greater than 120 days, deposit will be refunded, less a $250 administrative fee plus 3% bank processing fee.
• 120 to 91 days before arrival: 35% of total rent plus 3% bank processing fee is retained.
• 90-60 days before arrival: 65% of total rent plus 3% bank processing fee is retained.
• Within 60 days: Rent is non-refundable
• Failure to pay the final balance due is considered a cancellation with no refund due. We provide a 5-day grace period for the final 50% payment, after that the reservation is cancelled with no refund due.
Cancellations and changes must be made in writing by email or fax.
12. Changes: The charge for reservation modifications starts at €50. Changes in reservation dates within 120 days of arrival fall under the Cancellation terms. The rental contract is between the signer and Italy Perfect; it cannot be assigned to a third party.
13. Cleaning: The accommodation will be thoroughly clean when you arrive and we request it be left tidy when you depart. The final cleaning is included in the rent. If you would like additional cleaning during your stay this may be available at an extra charge.
14. Passports: Guests are responsible for obtaining and carrying a valid passport and any other documents required by Italian government regulations. Non-US and non-EU residents may require special travel documents to travel to Italy. Check with your local Italian embassy or consulate. By Italian law you must provide a copy of the photo page of the passports, or national identity card, of all guests at check-in if requested by the property manager. If you do not bring your own copies, then please present the manager with €25 cash to take your passports/documents away to be photocopied and returned before your departure.
15. Number of Guests: The number of guests must not exceed the number of people indicated on your rental contract. If the number of people in your travel party changes, please let us know so that we can adjust the rent accordingly if the rent varies based on the number of people. The rent is calculated based on the total number of people in your party, it is not prorated if there are fewer people for some of the nights. In most cases the rates are based on occupancy including children of any age except babies under the age of 24 months. Parties, celebrations and hosted events are not permitted in the property without prior permission of the property manager.
16. No Pets, No Smoking: No pets are allowed. If the property manager, upon check-out, detects the smell of your smoke in the apartment, or terrace if there is one, you will be charged for an extraordinary deep cleaning which starts at €150 Euros.
17. Valuables left at the property are at the guests’ risk. The property management is not responsible for any losses.
18. Read Your Documentation: While Italy Perfect carefully makes your reservation and prepares your documentation, it is your responsibility to carefully read and review documents immediately after receiving them. If there is an error or change required and you fail to notice or contact us in time to fix it, your reservation could be lost and your payments forfeited. If you reserved the wrong dates and need to make a change, change or cancellation fees apply.
19. Property Viewings: If you would like to inspect a property in anticipation of a future stay, there is a $150 USD non-refundable viewing fee. Out of respect for our guests' privacy, we do not show properties to prospective guests when there are other guests staying in the property. If you decide to reserve with us, the $150 fee will be applied towards your booking. We do, however, sometimes need to admit a repairman, building inspector, etc. during a guest's stay. If so, we'll let you know in advance and a staff member will accompany the repairman.
20. Travel Resources: The documentation we provide has extensive information to help you plan the other aspects of your trip and includes information on transportation services, concierge services, private tour guides, language and cooking school, restaurant recommendations and general tourism resources. We also provide our Italy Perfect "Manual" which is a practical guide on what to expect when renting a vacation property in Italy. This documentation as well as the Italy Perfect Blog and FAQ are a great first place to check for answers to questions you may have.
21. Emergencies do occur and sometimes your greeter may be able to help you with contacting and working with authorities, airlines for lost luggage or for medical help. You are welcome to ask them for assistance and they will let you know if they can help you; not all have the knowledge, time or personality for this. They are hourly workers, so if they do take time to help you, you may compensate them at the rate of €20/hour or you authorize us to charge your credit card (plus 10% service fee) for those services when they present us with their invoice. We recommend saving all invoices and receipts.
22. Problems: Should you encounter any problems with your apartment, please contact your greeter as soon as possible to arrive at a resolution. Don’t suffer in silence; no one will know if something is not working if you don’t say something. If you make claims for issues that you did not report during your stay, they will be disregarded.
23. Safety and Limitation of Liability: Guests must exercise reasonable caution. We serve as agents to the owner of the property. If you have any problems, you must first reach the local contact provided in your confirmation to request resolution. Our liability is limited to the amount of any rentals and deposits paid. In no event shall we be liable for consequential damages. We are neither responsible nor liable for climate, strikes, noise, smells, neighbors, public works, construction or variations in availability and quality of utilities including internet.
24. Agency: Reservations are made by Italy Perfect as an agent for carefully selected properties, all of which are independently owned and managed. Italy Perfect’s responsibility is as an agent representing properties with the best information available and for timely conveyance of payments and information received from Guest. Italy Perfect shall not become liable for any personal injury, property damage, accident, delay, inconvenience, change in accommodation(s), or any other irregularity due to wrongful, negligent or arbitrary acts or omission on the part of the property(ies) whose name(s) appears on the contract and confirmation. By engaging Italy Perfect and making full payment for the specified accommodation(s), you agree to hold Italy Perfect harmless in making arrangements on your behalf and that any claim(s) of damage, refund(s) or credit(s) after arrival shall be sought directly from the property(ies). Issues must be raised with your local contact (usually your greeter) to enable best opportunity for resolution during your stay. All liability lies with property owner. No claims can be considered if you do not attempt an on-site resolution.
25. Limitation of Liability: We take all due care and attention in making your reservation arrangements, but since we do not own the properties or manage the cities, towns or country, we do not accept responsibility for the breakdown of the water, gas and electricity supplies, internet service providers, mechanical systems, telephone service, quality of roads, sounds, smells or the failure of swimming pools. Although we will assist the owner/manager to make every effort to rectify and solve any problems as soon as possible, we have no legal responsibility to compensate you for any personal injury, death, loss or damage of whatever nature suffered by you or by any member of your party. All liability lies with property owner. If problems are not raised with your onsite contact to provide an opportunity for resolution, they will not be regarded.
26. Force Majeure and Significant Changes: Italy Perfect and property owners are not liable and do not authorize any refunds for any events which are caused as a result of acts of God, acts of Nature, Governments, war hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, labor dispute, strikes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, theft, epidemics, quarantine, medical or customs regulations, technical or administrative problems with transport, closure of airports, breakdown of machinery, adverse weather conditions, water and utility shortages or any other occurrences beyond our immediate control and which, despite all due care being taken, could not have been avoided. We recommend travel insurance.
27. Cancellation by Italy Perfect: If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to provide you with the property(ies) you have booked, we will advise you as soon as possible and will offer to transfer you to a similar property(ies) with your approval. If the cost is less than your original booking then you will receive a refund for the difference. If you choose a more expensive property, then you will pay the difference. If this is not possible because we have nothing to offer or you do not wish to be transferred, we will cancel the reservation and refund the full amount you paid to Italy Perfect. If you are unable to accept the terms of the rental contract, or dispute the terms, we have the right to cancel your reservation. We shall not be liable for any cancellation charges for any related travel arrangements, services, tours, etc.
28. Website Information: We take the utmost care to provide accurate details of services in the information provided to you. However, proprietors do sometimes make changes and all references to the condition of the property or services must not be taken as statements of fact, but as statements of opinion. We take responsibility for the general accuracy of the descriptions as to location, size, rooms and major appliances.
29. Credit Card Authorization: Customer authorizes the charge of rent and damage/utilities to our credit card. You are paying in advance of the actual rental services so are authorizing the delayed presentment, that is, the services are not being delivered at the time of payment.
30. Validation: To protect against fraud your passport/identity document will be verified on arrival to ensure it matches your reservation information. Any reservation that we feel in our sole discretion to have been obtained under false pretense will be subject to immediate cancellation with forfeiture of funds advanced (whether rent or deposit), and the party will not be permitted to check-in. Of, if occupancy has already begun, it will be immediately terminated.
Thank you for your business. Italy Perfect
Thank You for your Comments
Italy Perfect thanks you for your comments!
Easy Italy Travel Planning
Planning a trip to Italy? Here is a three-step breakdown of priorities, timeframes and some tips to help you map out your dream Italy trip. Our process will make planning easier and less stressful. We have used this process to "rescue" many clients who come to us overwhelmed, their head spinning with questions: "Where should we stay? '"How many nights?" "How do I get from the airport?" "Can you recommend a private tour guide?" "Is there a hairdryer?" "Where can I buy train tickets?".
Step 1 - The Big Pieces – 6+ Months
Dates Determine your travel dates or general timeframe. If you are locked into school vacation schedules or a big event such as an anniversary, honeymoon or birthday it's best to book early for the most choices; prime high season dates fill up well in advance. Or are your dates flexible so that you can consider off season to take advantage of fewer crowds and lower rates?
Where Decide where you want to go and how many nights. Vacation rentals work best if you are spending at least 4 nights in a location. If your itinerary is "If It's Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium" hotels are better choices. If your heart is set on seeing Rome, Florence, Tuscany and Venice, consider splitting your stay between Rome and Florence and avoiding time-consuming, expensive moves between accommodations. Instead, stay in Florence or the Tuscan countryside and take day trips between. It’s a long day, but you can take a day trip or one overnight from Florence to Venice. Or, consider spending your first or last two nights in Venice in a hotel, the Venice airport is an easy trip from the city. From Rome there are day tours to the Amalfi area, Pompeii, Vesuvius and Capri if these are on your "must see" list.
Budget Estimate your accommodations budget. Check the prices under the green Availability & Price tab for each Italy Perfect property to get an idea of rates, restrictions, minimum booking periods (Saturday-to-Saturday is standard for most country villas but not city apartments which are flexible), suitability for children, walking or driving distances so that you have an idea of what will best meet your needs and budget. You might be willing to walk a bit further for a easy-on-the budget apartment versus a property closer to the sights. Research rental car rates if staying in the countryside; a car is essential. No car needed for city stays.
Requirements Determine your 'must have' accommodation check list...and then be prepared to trade off. Are microwave, A/C, dishwasher, views, terrace, and clothes dryer really essential? Keep in mind that you aren’t buying the property, you're staying for a short period and much of that time will be spent seeing the sights. You will have the broadest selection of properties if you stay flexible and are willing to adapt to what is available and within your budget. The otherwise perfect apartment doesn't have the terrace you'd hoped for? Find a nearby outdoor cafe for a daily leisurely coffee or cocktail break. No elevator? You can burn off daily pasta and gelato indulgences. Hoping for 2 bedrooms for your family? A one bedroom apartment supplemented with a sofa bed or rollaway bed might suffice and will expand your choices considerably.
Book Reserve your air transportation and accommodations. If you're locked into travel dates due to vacation schedules or frequent flier miles it's best to reserve your flights first and then reserve your accommodations. If not, then book flights and accommodations simultaneously. We offer a 48 hour option period from the time you request to reserve, giving you two days to line up your flights. Yes, this is a fast and furious period but once it's in place the big decisions done.
Passports Make sure everyone in your travel party has a current passport. Italy requires that the passport expiration date must be 3 months in the future from your date of arrival in the country. Non-US and non-EU residents may require special travel documents to travel to Italy. Check with your local Italian embassy or consulate.
Travel Insurance Buy travel insurance so that you are covered in the event of unforeseen circumstances
Step 2 - The Fun Stuff - After Booking & Before Final Countdown
Must See List Figure out what you want to do in each location, sights you want to see, days trips. Read travel books, research on the internet. Schedule tours, private guides. cooking classes, special activities.
Advice Review the tourism information Italy Perfect provides to help you plan your vacation and access the many valuable resources that we recommend.
Transportation Figure out ground transportation between locations: will you rent a car or take the train or local buses? Make car rental reservations.
Pace Look at weather history under green Locale tab for each property so that you have a realistic idea of what to expect. If the weather is extremely hot, you'll want to take a more leisurely pace and schedule plenty of breaks. This will also help you plan what to pack.
Step 3 - Final Countdown – 2 months before departure
• Re-read your Italy Perfect confirmation materials and have all members of your travel party do the same. They address questions you haven't yet thought of.
• Review the accommodation information on our website to refresh your memory about the property features, amenities. Have your travel companions do the same.
• Plan how you'll get from the airport or train station to your accommodations and back. Arrange airport transfers.
• Purchase train tickets up to 2 months in advance.
• Purchase museum tickets, tours, excursions.
• Figure out if your cell phone works in Italy, if not consider renting an inexpensive international phone.
• Make sure you have the property address and greeter contact information.
• Schedule your check in appointment.
We hope you find these tips helpful when organizing your Italy travel planning.